Alyssa is my sensitive, sweet, mama's girl who loves people. EVERYONE is her friend, and usually the one she's playing with at the moment is her "best friend". She gets her feelings hurt if I ever talk 'mean' to her or say something she doesn't like (I think sometimes it's an act) and she gets really sad if she knows that she's hurt someone. I don't think she ever "intentionally" tries to hurt someone, but I'm sure she has her moments. She's definitely not perfect, but I couldn't ask for better! She's such a mama's girl and has been since she was born. Part of that is probably because I've forced her to be. I'm such a cuddly person, so when she was like 18mos-2yrs I told her she had to cuddle with me on the couch or she had to go to bed. Well, she hated (and still does) to go to bed. So now she calls herself my "cuddle bug". And to this day, she still cuddles with me on the couch after Audrey goes to bed. I know, what did I get myself into, right? Well, most of the time I LOVE it, but I really shouldn't do it, cuz I need to spend more "cuddle" time with my hubby. Ok, this post is supposed to be about Alyssa (I always get off subject). Anyway, this is long over due. Hopefully I can remember some fun things and get the year right (I may occasionally come back and edit or add things). I definitely don't have a good memory... I should be writing this stuff down as the year goes by, but oh well! Better late than never!
FAVORITE FOODS:
Macaroni and cheese, oatmeal, blackberries, strawberries and pizza
FAVORITE COLOR:
(I think this has been her fave for as long as she's known colors)
PINK
FAVORITE SONG:
Last Dollar (1-2-3 like a bird I sing) by Tim McGraw (she loves this song cuz the "kids sing")... she can sing the entire song (and she's on key too!)
FAVORITE MOVIE:
ALL the Princess Movies

FAVORITE TV SHOW:
Dora the Explorer

...and 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray (don't know which comes first)!

FAVORITE TOY:
Her doll house she got for Christmas in 2006 and her "ballerina doll" (it's a little stuffed bunny wearing a tutu)
FAVORITE BOOK:
"Max Drives Away" this is probably more when she was two and first part of three, but she could recite the whole book all by herself word for word.

"The Very Hungry 'Callipater' (caterpillar)" (in the later months)... this, too, she can recite word for word.

MILESTONES:
Learning to write her own name
Her drawings are a little more detailed (starting at Mr. Potato Head to a little less potato-heady but a little scary)
Learned to swim (way better than last year)

Count to 20 in spanish (and english)
Letters and their sounds (ABCDEFGLMNOPRST)
Her FIRST primary program, SUNBEAM, first (few) talks in primary
FAVORITE THINGs TO DO: (pics will be added)
Dressing up like a "Princess"
She LOVES going to mommy and daddy's softball games and playing with all the kids
Riding her bike, going to parks
Playing with her little sister
Spending the night with grandma
Preschool, swimming, and most off all ... she loves to COOK!
FAVORITE PEOPLE:
Mommy

Grandma

Daddy (it's true... Grandma before Daddy - but the rest are in no particular order)

Audrey

Landon
Natalie

Adysen

Ms. Tiffany

To be added later:
What she was for Halloween: Minnie Mouse
Christmas Pictures
Easter Pictures
Remininscing
She majorly sucked her thumb. She totally has an open bite!
She wore a "helmet" from 7-10 months. It's actually called a "Doc Band" and it corrects the shape of your baby's head. So if your baby has a flat head (one side, or in the back), I highly recommend getting one! It's soooo worth it. I saw a HUGE difference even after the 1st month. And the thing is... you can't get it done after 18mos-2yrs cuz their head isn't soft and maliable anymore. It's best to do it at 6months cuz they won't have to wear it as long. I thought she was so cute though. I wasn't too creative with her helmet, but I've seen some people go ALL out!

She can sleep ANYWHERE and she's a deep sleeper so I can move her and she stays asleep. IT's getting her to sleep that's the problem!
MOST MEMORABLE EVENT:
Definitely MEXICO with my whole family. She still talks about it and can't wait to go back. This vacation is definitely the high-light of our year. it's a blast and she loves it.

1 comment:
Look at you blogging away... It IS fun, isn't it?
Post a Comment