Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Sunday

Ok, seriously, I don't know how you people have the patience to do this!!! I normally just send my posts through my email (that's why there are never comments by the pics, they all load together), but this time, I wanted to make comments, so I'm doing it through Blogger, and it SUCKS!!! I can't believe how long this is taking. It is soooooooo annoying and I will NEVER do it again (except on special occasions). It's faster to just send emails with each individual picture. AHHHH!!!

Ok, so here's a description of our Easter Sunday! It was so much fun. My parent's have a male golden retriever and we studded him out to a female so I could get us a puppy. I've been dying to have one since we had to put Randy down, but I've also been dreading it cuz of all the new puppy training we have to do. Anyway, so I've been trying to prep Alyssa a little bit to get her ready... told her she had to keep her toys put away so the puppy wouldn't eat them, etc. So we (me and Charlie) have been talking about our new puppy, what to name her, when to bring her home etc. Well, kids are definitely a lot more aware of things than we give them credit for. We decided to bring the puppy home for Easter and have the kids go on a treasure hunt to find the dog.

The girls stayed at my parent's house while we went and picked up the puppy Saturday night. We got home and while I was gone picking up the puppy, Alyssa says to Charlie, "(ok, how sad, i can't remember the quote. I will have to ask Charlie and update my post later)". Well, I still wanted to do the Treasure Hunt, so we did it anyway even though the puppy was no surprise.

The puppy stayed in her kennel until morning when we took her outside. The kids woke up and here's the start of it:

Here's the girls waiting upstairs on the landing for me to get my video camera ready! They were so good and patient. Charlie - not so much! :)

Here she goes...



I thought I hid the basket good enough she'd at least have to look for it. But NOPE! She found it from the stairs. I guess the flowers didn't hide it well enough. Audrey's just as excited as Alyssa!

Alyssa helped Audrey find hers. She doesn't care about anything but the candy. I swear, this girl has got the biggest sweet tooth I've ever seen on a kid, and Alyssa's pretty bad. Just try taking something sweet away from her!



I thought I had more pics of Alyssa looking for her "Treasure" but most of what I have is video. Sorry, well here's a couple. She's opening the door to find the last clue that will lead her to the treasure.

Here she is looking for her treasure. The puppy was a good hider! She was all nestled up and curled against the rocks on the side. She almost blended in with the rocks. I finally had to whistle a little to get the pup to come walking up to us!

There she is! Awe, so cute! Why are puppies so dang cute?


It took Audrey some time to warm up to her, but she did eventually (by the end of the day). She's still not particularly excited about her when she runs up to her, but she loves watching her from a slight distance. You know how pups are... they love to chew on your feet and your shoes. Audrey freaks out about that. It's actually quite funny. I should take a video and show all you guys!

And here they are all dressed up in their Easter dresses. Aren't they so cute? I'd say they win over the puppy!


We went to my grandma's house after church and went for an Easter Egg Hunt and dinner! Here they are nejoying the fruits of their labors. It was so much fun!

Ok, so that took all of like 2 freakin hours! Am I missing something? Does it really take that long to upload pictures? granted I played solitaIre in between while waiting for them to upload. Man what a PAIN!







7 comments:

Michelle Randall said...

You must have bad timing, cuz loading my pics never takes that long. I didn't even know you could email them. Cute pictures. Love the dog! She is so stinking cute! Caddy's gotta have their golden retreivers! :)

Holly Brooke said...

Haha, this is so cute! What a fun surprise for the girls. (or is the puppy more for you?)

I need to come over and watch how you are uploading your pics. Mine only take a few seconds to upload. hmmmm.

Thanks for sharing...the girls are so "skinkin" cute!

love you!

sheri said...

the girls are so beautiful in their easter dresses. congrats on your puppy, i bet you're so happy:)

PCox said...

Your puppy is totally cute!! How are your nights going? The girls look BEAUTIFUL in their Easter dresses!! Oh-- I usually upload 4 pictures at a time but it only takes a minute or so. Call me and I'll walk you through it next time.

Becky said...

Thanks for the NEW post...yeah!!! I love the new puppy. I'd love a dog....ONE day!

Becky said...

Pam- how do you do 4 at once??? I am dying to know.

Sara said...

ok, so MAYBE the puppy was a little more for me than for the kids, BUT the puppy LOVES Alyssa (she likes me too) and I have found that it's not nearly as rewarding as it once was. Having kids changes your perspective on things. I still love the puppy, but man! housetraining is a PAIN in the BUTT!

OK, Pam, I'm calling you next time I upload pics (if I venture to try that again)... so BEWARE! you're phone might ring at 2AM!!! :)